Keto Tortilla Recipe
TLC Family and Friends, here is the Keto Tortilla recipe that is hands down one of my favorites. These tortillas are gluten free, dairy free and ketogenic
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 5 min
Servings: 8 Tortillas
Calories: 89kcal / 2 gms of carbs
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut flour
- 2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon backing powder
- 1/8- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt depending on sweet or savory
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 teaspoons water
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- Add almond flour, coconut flour, xanthum gum, backing powder and salt to food processor. Pulse until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the apple cider vinegar with the food processor running. Wait a few seconds then add the lightly beaten egg, then add the water. Once the dough forms into a ball you can stop the processor. (dough will be sticky!)
- Wrap dough in cling wrap squeeze the dough through the plastic for a minute or two. I put it in the fridge until I’m ready to use. (can keep in fridge for a couple of days). I roll the dough into a log and cut into 8 pieces. 1” balls. Roll out in between to pieces of parchment paper. But then I bought a tortilla press and now so much easier to flatten into 5” rounds .
- Transfer to skillet and cook over medium heat for 4-6 seconds, flip it over and cook till golden brown. Don’t' over cook.
- These tortillas are best eaten right away. Tortillas can be reheated, and the uncooked dough can be stored in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.
For your protein fill your tortilla with bacon, steak and any ground or shredded meat, or seafood. For Mexican flavor add cumin with salt and pepper to the meat (not to the bacon). Or try the Barbacoa recipe in my previous BLOG.
Veggie: Add lettuce, pico de gallo,
Extra: Avocado and or shredded raw cheese
If you don’t want to make the tortillas but are wanting tacos. You can always use romaine lettuce leaves, butter lettuce cups, endive and add your desired fixings to them.